One of the reasons I blog is to have a reminder of the normal, everyday things I do each week, as well as the things I’m currently enjoying. While there will always be fantastic trips and exciting projects, the little things are what make the day-to-day exciting, and those are the things I don’t want to forget! Every/most Fridays, I’m giving you a peak into the song I’ve been jamming to, the books I’m reading, and anything else that’s been making my heart happy that week.
Whoops, long time no update! February is one of our craziest months at work, so the blog took a little bit of a backseat, but things should hopefully be slightly less crazy soon! I can’t really complain, I’m the kind of busy I love; work is mostly fulfilling, I’m spending time with friends, etc. Didn’t do as much checking off of the to-do list as I would have liked, but there’s always next week!
Eats and Drinks
This week was full of new food and drinks! My coworkers and I tried a new (to us!) cupcake place by work, Sweet and Saucy, and it was so tasty! Their mini cupcakes are the perfect size and so reasonably priced. I also went to Old Crow Smokehouse, a new restaurant in Pacific City in Huntington Beach. Totally recommend if you like barbecue. Also tried (and loved) a Horchata Imperial Stout by Belching Beaver Brewery, and the new Starbucks smoked butterscotch latte. Phew! So much tasty food, so little time.
- I got published over on The Financial Diet again, talking about ways to travel without ever getting on plane! Give it a read if you’re interested.
- I started listening to ‘Eight Hundred Grapes‘ this week and so far I’ve been really enjoying it! It’s about a women who comes home to her family’s vineyard in Sonoma and her life and her family’s life and how they all intertwine. I’m also so close to finishing ‘A Long Way Down‘ which has been a long time coming, let me tell you. Excited to finally be able to mark it as read on Goodreads. It did pick up finally, but still would probably only give it 3 stars, unless the ending wows me.
- I have still been loving on podcasts, and right now my favourite is probably ‘Sounds Good With Branden Harvey’. It’s so positive and full of the good in the world, his latest episode was exactly the way I wanted to start my weekend. Plus, it will be easy to catch up on, there are only two episodes up right now. Go, go, go!
- This song makes so beyond excited for summer and long nights and being outside as much as possible.
- This quote: “Sentimental music has this great way of taking you back somewhere at the same time that it takes you forward, so you feel nostagic and hopeful all at the same time.”- Nick Hornby
This weekend I’m in San Luis Obispo for Beer Fest! Very excited to eat at my favourite places, hang out with some of my favourite people, and unlock some Untappd badges! What are your weekend plans?