One of the reasons I blog is to have a reminder of the normal, everyday things I do each week, as well as the things I’m currently enjoying. While there will always be fantastic trips and exciting projects, the little things are what make the day-to-day exciting, and those are the things I don’t want to forget! Every Friday, I’m giving you a peak into the song I’ve been jamming to, the books I’m reading, and anything else that’s been making my heart happy that week.
I loved this week. I don’t know if its because Mercury finally came out of retrograde or because I made a more conscious decision to have a positive attitude or because I’m finally feeling better and able to play soccer again, but I’ve felt like a weight has been lifted off me. To be honest, it’s probably all three. There were lots of exciting things this week, I went down to San Diego State for their study abroad fair, I made more plans for my big trip this summer, and today is my sister’s birthday!
This week 6 years ago, I moved into my London dorms! It’s strange, it feels both so long ago and also like it was just yesterday. I can still remember the nerves I had, but also just how beyond excited I was. What a life changing time it was. Cheers London, you’ll always be my first love.
Out and About
Since I was finally feeling better this week, I was able to make it to my soccer games, and I was so happy! We pre-drink at a nearby bar occasionally, and it was just so nice to be able to hang out with my team and drink beer and screw around on Tinder. I love these people.
- This week my coworker brought in a bunch of lemons from her tree, and we all added them to our water bottles and my god, it is life changing. Why we didn’t do this sooner I have no idea.
- Christy’s post with alllll the Nutella recipes, since today is Nutella Day! Weirdly, I was craving Nutella in a big way this morning, but unfortunately I’m out!
- I finished ‘The Rest of Us Just Live Here’ by Patrick Ness and I really enjoyed it! It was very different from things I usually read, but If you like YA books that have a bit of fantasy in them, I’d definitely recommend this!
- This song. Caution, the music video will make you cry, but after hearing it on ‘Mysteries of Laura’, which I’ve been binging on Netflix, I fell in love. Still loving last week’s favourite song too.
- This Chuck Palahniuk quote “Just for the record, the weather today is calm and sunny, but the air is full of bullshit.”
This weekend I’m going out to dinner for my sister’s birthday, going to a show with my mum, and having brunch with Aussie On The Road! Plus, its Super Bowl Sunday, so that means lots of delish food! Who are you cheering for?