Where oh where has the first quarter of the year gone!? I know everyone says this, but this year is flying by. I was listening to Emma Gannon’s new podcast earlier, and Liz Gilbert, of Eat Pray Love fame was the guest, and she said something that completely resonated with me- “A sign of happiness is when time moves fast. My best wish for our life… is that it goes by in like, ten seconds. If you’re doing what you’re supposed to be doing, with people you’re supposed to be with, feeling the gratitude and the flow, then a year goes by in five seconds. And so the best weird prayer that I can hope for people, is that their life is moving by too fast.” So in that vein, how lucky am I to have a year that is going so fast. Onwards to the blog goals!
Quarter One Blog Goals Revisited
- Grow my Instagram followers to 700. Hit this one by February, so clearly should have set the bar a little higher. I’m sitting at 764 right now, but I’d love to hit 800 by the end of April! Follow me on Instagram here!
- Get 150 likes on my Facebook page. Currently at 156! I didn’t ever get around to trying Facebook ads, but I as I hope to continue growing this number I likely will attempt that soon! Have you liked my Facebook page yet?
- Plan content better, at least a week in advance. I did ok at this. Although I did plan my content better, I didn’t always get around to actually finishing the posts. I also rebranded my weekly posts to my ‘Here and Now’ posts, and then basically stopped posting them (because I have a new idea for them now! Read on!). This is a goal I need to re-evaluate for the next quarter, and try another way of making it work.
- Get some kind of white backdrop for my photos. Done! See the image above, this instagram post, and this tweet! I ended up going with a two pack of artist canvases, which were relatively inexpensive from the craft store. Definitely a good ‘for now’ solution.
And now, drumroll please…
Quarter Two Blog Goals!
- Launch the Hello Megan O newsletter! If you’re interested in what used to be the Weekly Wrap Ups or the very short-lived Here and Now posts, a look into what I get up to during the week that doesn’t make it into a blog post, or just some rad music and book recommendations, sign up for my email newsletter here! I’d love to grow my email subscriber list, but I’m just focusing on putting out quality content. The first newsletter will be going out by the end of April, and will hit your inboxes on Monday mornings!
- Write two “evergreen” posts. I know my fellow bloggers get this one, sometimes life gets busy and you don’t have time to write, or life hasn’t gifted you something that you even want to write about (looking at you long work days when trying to meet a day job deadline) and having a post that’s written and is something that you already love would be awesome! The hard part will be not sharing them right away!
- Complete at least ten things on my 101 in 1001 list. I have quite a few things in my blogging section done which is great, but most of my other sections are severely lacking! This one is definitely one I will need to be pretty conscious about!
I’m going to leave it at 3 goals, since I have a lot on my plate this quarter in my personal life. What are some of your goals for the next few months, personally or blog related?