This wasn’t the greatest quarter for my blog in terms of growth and blog goals. I left WITS feeling super motivated, and then life happened. I launched a company, I was applying for new jobs and for graduate school, and the ol’ blog took a back seat. Good news though, I’m back on track now. I really missed sitting down at my computer, writing about my travels and what I was up to. So I go into the 3rd quarter of the year (sidenote, can’t believe it’s July already!) with lots of ideas and ways to spruce up Hello Megan O!
Revisiting Quarter Two Blog Goals
- Launch the “Hello Megan O” newsletter: Techincally, done, although I only sent it out once. I had high hopes that I would be able to do this weekly or bi-weekly, but realistically, that’s not going to happen with everything else going on in my life. I’ll be changing it to monthly going forward, and that way I can really highlight the best parts of each month. I’ll aim to send it on the 15th, so if you want in on the July issue, sign up here!
- Write two “evergreen” posts: Totally did not do this one. I have the ideas for them, and I did start to draft them, but given the blog hiatus (which would have been the perfect time to post them!!) they never made it from thoughts to words. Still something I plan to try to do this quarter.
- Complete at least 10 things on my 101 in 1001 list: I only did 5, which is pretty terrible. I will say, I did work on some of the more involved ones, (aka I watched a lot of movies on the plane to France and I did take a photo in a photo booth) but this one was still technically a fail.
Moving on to…
Quarter Three Blog Goals!
- Figure out Pinterest. So many bloggers say that they get so much traffic from Pinterest, and yet this is somewhere completely untapped for me. I need to make sure each post has a pinnable image, and then actually create boards to pin my content to! I also need to get a better plug-in on the blog to make pinning easier.
- Pitch a company. I have a few in mind that I’d like to work with, but I need to actually send out those emails! This also means I need to make sure I keep my media kit up to date.
- Hit 950 followers on Instagram. Instagram is still my favourite social media, and I’ve been posting pretty consistently here in France and England, but I will have to keep the momentum going once I get home.
- Learn more about Asia by attending local events. Now that I’m the Asia study abroad advisor, I need to soak up as much information as I can about the countries I will be working with! Since I can’t just jet off and visit them all right now, I’m going to have to be diligent about finding the most authentic experiences I can locally!
What are your goals for the next few months?